Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for Chick-Fil-A!

Well, actually it's for YUM. I just wanted to get your attention. 


We stopped at Chick-Fil-A today after running other errands and got something to eat since neither of us had eaten yet. I discovered that they have a spicy chicken sandwich. I'll eat their chicken, but because it is sweeter than most fast food chicken I can buy, it's not generally my favorite. However, I do love the spicy chicken sandwiches sold at Wendy's and Checker's, so I decided to get this one, too. I got the plain jane version without pickles and added my own ketchup and mayonnaise, but I was really quite pleased with what I got. Maybe next time I'll get the one with lettuce and tomato, but I wanted to test drive it first.


I loved the crunch factor which remained even though I didn't start eating it until we got home. The bun had steamed itself inside the wrapper, but there was still crunch to the coating on the chicken. I also like their chicken salad sandwich, but I have to add salt and pepper because whatever it is they do to make their chicken sweet comes through really strong in the salad.


I'm not a fan of their waffle fries, but I didn't feel like swapping them out today. I also ordered their Chicken Tortilla Soup. It wasn't bad, but it was thicker than any tortilla soup I've ever had before. The spice was actually just right. You knew it was there, but it didn't overwhelm the flavor of the food. I'd just rather that particular soup was more brothy than stew-like. 


Do you like Chick-Fil-A? Why or why not?

4 comments:

  1. I gotta say, I make a tortilla soup that is also more stoop like. I like all my soups more stuff than broth, so I imagine I would like this one.
    I've never been to a Chick-Fil-A, but I might stop into one, if I ever pass one in my travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, so you're a Rachael Ray fan, huh? I get her magazine. The tortilla soups I've had before aren't thickened and I've enjoyed them. But, I also like thick soups, like Chicken Corn Chowder, seafood bisque, and broccoli cheese soup. This had good flavor, but I guess having had it elsewhere several times spoiled it for me.

      Delete
  2. We don't have that here in the UK (at least not to my knowledge) but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like them--but they are a little too expensive, especially for their serving sizes--but i am sure it is all i need---i have really had fun reading all of your blogs--i will be back!!

    ReplyDelete