Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chinese Dumplings

Well, it's almost dinner hour and I just ate my breakfast. I had ordered some fried +Chinese_dumplings with my combo plate a couple days ago, but because my tooth was hurting pretty badly, I didn't eat much of either one. Plus, the dumplings I received weren't exactly what I had imagined in my mind. You see, these were the kind that are shaped like a little drawstring pouch. They're often in a steam pan at the Chinese buffet. I've never actually tried them before. They looked like the first picture you see here, but pan fried on one side.

What I was expecting to get looked like these +Gyozas in this picture. I just love gyozas. They would be called Pot Stickers, but I also thought they were called dumplings. Thus, my confusion. I get these pot stickers at the Chinese buffet all the time with the soy/garlic/ginger sauce to dip them in - they are wonderful, if done well.

Anyway, I had put them away in the fridge so that I could eat them later. There wasn't anything wrong with them other than they weren't what I had expected them to be. So, that's what I just had for "breakfast". My tooth is feeling pretty good today, so I knew I'd be able to chew them. They really aren't bad. I was going to reheat them in the microwave, but decided to toss them into my small fry pan and brown their unbrowned side so they would be more like they were when I got them. Now that I know what they are and how they taste, I may just order them again.

I do personally prefer the very thin, almost translucent, dough wrappers, whereas this dough is much thicker. But, there was plenty of meat filling and the dipping sauce was pretty good, so I've added them to my list of things I'm willing to order off the menu.

How about you? Do you like these +dumplings? Do you like them steamed or fried? Do you like +PotStickers, too? And, which dough wrapper do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment