Friday, July 12, 2013

I love being waited on!!

I stopped by my landlord's house  one day when I got done taking my daughter to work and running to my doctor to pick up a letter excusing me from jury duty. They're not home, but I knew their one son would be since he didn't leave for work until 1 or 1:30. I actually was hoping they had coffee made (they usually make more than they drink, so there's almost always some left) and I was right. I was also hoping I could bum a couple of postage stamps. Then the son asked me if I wanted some scrambled eggs. Heck, yeah! I was hungry and had planned to come home and cook. Now I wouldn't have to! So, I got to have hot coffee, scrambled eggs and a couple pieces of toast before I came home. Really, not a bad gig if you can get it.

Originally published on Bubblews.com in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment