Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pizza Toppings - Love 'em or Leave 'em?

There are so many different toppings that can be put on pizza and they can vary from country to country. Here in the USA, the toppings most often listed on a menu are: pepperoni, ham, ground beef, bacon, sausage, onions, green peppers, roasted peppers, black olives, mushrooms, pineapple, and extra cheese. Recently some others began to appear as specialty items: spinach, broccoli, grilled zucchini or eggplant, chicken, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, Ranch dressing, Alfredo sauce, even macaroni and cheese. 

Now, personally, my favorite toppings are (not all together): ham, sausage, bacon, onions, green peppers, black olives and pineapple. Extra cheese is always welcome, too. I've eaten slices of bacon ranch chicken pizza and found that I really liked it, although I won't ever order it as a whole pizza. I've ordered spinach and ham or spinach with black olives and enjoyed it, too. Baby spinach leaves aren't bitter like canned spinach is. I've had the eggplant as a topping and loved it. Ham and pineapple with black olives, bacon and hot sauce is another one I love. 

Toppings I flat out refuse to have on my pizza are: mushrooms, anchovies, ground beef, sliced sausages (I want the uncased sausage, not the kind that comes in links). I would eat the pizza in the photo except I'd take off the mushrooms. I really and truly dislike mushrooms. I'm not a big fan of pepperoni, either, but I will eat it at times if it's well cooked and crispy. Otherwise, I take that off, too.

So, what pizza toppings do you like? What ones won't you eat? What toppings do you like that I haven't listed? Are they popular in your country or just to you?

Originally posted at: Bubblews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment